Hey! Come on in!

Welcome to my little corner of the web.
I hope that everyone who visits will leave my page with a smile, a tear, a giggle, some emotion that I may have touched on.
It is my hope to touch one person every day and bring them some much needed sunshine!

Sunday, September 5, 2010

Once Upon A Time...


Once upon a time there was a little girl who dreamed she could capture the world.
She wasn't sure how but her eyes often seemed to sparkle sitting down at her thinking spot, taking it all in, looking brightly into her future.

As she grew so did her goals. Aspiring to be a Marine Biologist, attending the college by the coast that she laid awake many nights and imagined herself in.

Life took some turns and she didn't get there.
It didn't stop her from being happy.
She grew up, she got married and she had a beautiful, little boy who without a doubt captured her heart at first sight.

Her life moved on.
A little older sitting at her thinking spot she smiled, she kept dreaming.

Hurt, pain and loss didn't deter her.

She stood there remembering the recent loss of her Grandpa. Knowing her wouled want her to smile through the tears and carry on.
She forged ahead.

Again blessed with another beautiful little boy. Her life was rich as a mother.
The daily tasks of tending to her sons brought her joy beyond measure.

The years continued to pass.
Friendships grew, people came in and out of her life.

Sickness, scars and pain found their way along her journey.

She found herself older again, staring at the ripples and her reflection in the water down at that now trusty haven she had come to reply on.

She tearfully recalled her faithful friend of the 4 legged persuasion who had followed her since she was in pigtails.
How he always gave her a mannerly nod when she glanced down at him and then they would playfully race back to the house. Two tongues wagging as they reached the front porch together.
Old Spud, best dog in the world. It never was the same without him down there by her side.

Her sons grew and there beside her on the bank they played, skipped rocks and learned to fish.
Sometimes the only thing they caught were fits of laughter and many memories.

The little girl now a woman.
She stood on the trusty pier, mourning the loss of her Grandma and her marriage.
Wondering where she was going now.
Seeking answers, hoping to suceed at life.
She pressed on.

Caampfires by the thinking spot, melted chocolate s'mores on everybody's face.
Life was simple and good.

I stood down there again the other day.
It has become quite a spiritual ritual that I indulge in pretty often.
I love to go down there at the beginning of each new season.
Breathing in the air, watching the world change before my eyes.


As I stood there the other day, I realized I am still that little girl.
Sometimes scared, very hopeful and thankfully still seeing the world with a sparkle in my eyes.

My life so far doesn't match the dreams of my youth but I wouldn't change a thing.
Take away my favorite spot and and that opinion might change but as I sat in the corner under the shade tree I almost destroyed at about age 13, trying to swing on its new limbs, I see that life is what I make out of it.

I could wallow in regrets and past hurt, but why?

Why not wear my battle scars proudly and continue on my journey with a smile.

My steps may become slower, my face weathered as the years pass, but my heart will always wear pigtails and dream big.

Thank goodness Dad and I built that pond.
It has been a stable part of my life, its hasn't changed. It is like an old friend whom I can bear my soul to without ever saying a word.

Keep moving forward,finding your spot in this in this world and he glad for every moment, good and bad.
They are what make us who we are.

Here are my thoughts!
Happy Day All!

TC ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment