Hey! Come on in!

Welcome to my little corner of the web.
I hope that everyone who visits will leave my page with a smile, a tear, a giggle, some emotion that I may have touched on.
It is my hope to touch one person every day and bring them some much needed sunshine!

Monday, July 5, 2010

~Its Ok to Be Scared~

Today's thoughts are about Fear.Its something we all have felt at some point and time and more than likely will again, but how do we handle it?

We had a thunderstorm yesterday and I thought of Luke, that is one of his biggest fears. I wasn't with him to help him, but I knew he would be ok. We all got home, the kids did their thing before dinner and I decided to head down to my thinking spot to sit and sort some things out that needed to be thought out.

I had some random thoughts and then my thoughts turned to my Mimi( grandma). Her birthday is this coming Saturday, and I thought over all the advice, the laughs, the tears she wiped away, the joy she felt when Seth and Luke were born, and the part that finally got me.. the way she looked at me, Never has anyone in my life ever looked at me the way she did. It was so many things, happiness, true love, pride, she always had a sparkle in her eyes when she looked at me. As I sat there I could see her smiling at me, and I wondered what advice she would give me now. I think I have a good idea what it would be, and that makes me happy that I can still recall what she would tell me if I could go to her now.

I watched the sun on the water after the storm, and remembered how scared Mimi was of thunderstorms, she was scared of very little, but thunderstorms were something that terrified her. I remember growing up and at the first sound of thunder, I knew the next sound would be Mimi coming in the door to stay with us till the storm passed. We would laugh, and talk and sit through the storm together. Even after I was married, I could count on Mimi being either at my house or at Mom's if the storm raged in. I asked her once when I was young why she came over during a storm and she said "Because I am not scared if somebody is with me."

What a great reply, much like the fear we feel everyday, its easier to deal with if we have someone to ride out the storm with. Fear is hard to handle sometimes alone, but if we have someone to be there with us, it doesn't seem so bad and sometimes it makes beautiful memories when you least expected it.
Mimi still gets me through my personal storms, maybe mine are not literal but dark clouds no less.

Don't let fear control you, if you get scared, of whatever it is in your life, reach out and face it with someone, it doesn't seem so scary when you have a hand to hold.

Miss you Mimi... more than you can imagine, so Saturday I'll stop by and give you some flowers and thank you for teaching me to never be too proud to face my fears alone.
Happy Day All and here are my thoughts!

TC ;)

~ Panic at the thought of doing a thing is a challenge to do it. ~Henry S. Haskins


~There is a time to take counsel of your fears, and there is a time to never listen to any fear. ~George S. Patton


~A cat bitten once by a snake dreads even rope. ~Arab Proverb

~Who is more foolish, the child afraid of the dark or the man afraid of the light? ~Maurice Freehill

No comments:

Post a Comment