Hey! Come on in!

Welcome to my little corner of the web.
I hope that everyone who visits will leave my page with a smile, a tear, a giggle, some emotion that I may have touched on.
It is my hope to touch one person every day and bring them some much needed sunshine!

Monday, July 5, 2010

~Poison Oak~

As I am writing this I can see it out of the corner of my eye. Standing tall, almost with a chip on its shoulder I mean leaves.
I see you Poison Oak, over there across my driveway, and yes you have my respect, keep on doing whatever it is you do.

No I haven't been out in sun too much over the weekend, so I feel I must explain.

There is a large patch of poison oak on the opposite side of my driveway. It’s visible from every window, I see it when I sit in the swing, and most definitely when I am in the drive.

The smart aleck plant and I have been going around for a long time now.
I have chopped it down with the weed eater with the same fury of Rambo unloading his weapon into the enemy.
I have googled it late at night trying to find a sneaky way to destroy it. I have sprayed it down with a Round Up weed killer bath, laughing an evil laugh thinking.."Who's all big and bad now? Ahahahaha!"

To my dismay it always came back bigger and more powerful.

I decided to have one last round with my arch enemy.
I quickly learned that it was a force to be reckoned with. It kicked my tail in the first round of our last match.
I was covered; I had it all over me, in my eyes and even on my fingers. I lost the fight and decided to retire from our on going war.

I began thinking about this stubborn, strong willed plant, that no matter how hard I tried I couldn't take down.

I compared it to my own desires and drive in life.

I have been mowed down, I have been sprayed with negativity, laughed at and even sneak attacks to stomp out my ambition to succeed and to just be who I am.
After recovering from being chopped to shreds and knocked down I see my roots are in tact and my motivation kicks in and I pull myself up and stand tall once again.

I find that maybe people may not understand my reasons, grasp my goals in life, much like my reasoning of why we have poison oak, but I do respect it.
I know that if I tangle with it, I will be the loser in the end.
It will stand proud after another battle and remain victorious no matter how much I will it to be gone.
I don't bother it and it doesn't bother me. We co exist and I look to it with a new perspective.

I guess I am the poison oak, and I am proud to be. Laugh, point, stand by and shake your head and wonder what my purpose is, but remember no matter how many times I fall, my roots are strong, my vision is bold, and I am going to be myself.
No matter how many obstacles I face, I am going to be here, respected and if you don't get me, you can look out of the corner of your eye and know I ain't going anywhere but up!

Never let people drag you down, let them ridicule, let them wonder but no matter how many rounds you go, get back up swinging!
Be strong and you will have a life that no matter your aspirations that you can be proud of.
Even if we all aren't executives, doctors or people in society's high positions we are to be the best at being us.
Keep those roots in tact and firm, you will win the fight and you will be proud that you lived your life to your own standards.
Hello Poison Oak.. Looks like the wind is making you wave at me.. I am waving back!
Keep on keeping on!
Here are my thoughts! Happy Day All!

TC ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment