Hey! Come on in!

Welcome to my little corner of the web.
I hope that everyone who visits will leave my page with a smile, a tear, a giggle, some emotion that I may have touched on.
It is my hope to touch one person every day and bring them some much needed sunshine!

Monday, July 5, 2010

~Pssstt Down Here~


From where I am sitting and writing it looks like finally Spring is upon us.
Daffodils are popping up where snow once covered my yard.
The Spring peepers are filling my woods with their cheerful noise.
Slowly green is filling in the bleak,desolate areas that have laid dormant for several months.

I spent as much time outside as I can, even if I am doing nothing. I just love the sights and sounds of this new season.

Last weekend I was strolling around the yard enjoying the newness that is creeping back into my area of the world.

I was looking up at the trees, lost in a stare towards the huge Magnolia tree in my backyard.
I was in deep thought,pondering life and why things happen.
Nothing really dawned on me, so I just stood there hoping my startling revelation would hit me.
Nope, nothing.
I really needed a sign, a trigger, something to move me.
I guess I was watching the sky in hopes of the answer to come tumbling down and smack me in the head.

I was so busy and preoccupied with looking up that I almost crushed something very delicate under my shoes.
I glanced down and there it was.
My sign.

Years ago my Mimi passed on an heirloom flower to me. It been hers, she got it from my great grandma Island.
So the honor of receiving it was great to me.
Mim never knew the formal name for it but she called it the "Christ" plant.
It was a beautiful flower to behold.Its darker green leaves were pointy and the flower itself was a very subtle shade of green.

Sadly a couple of years ago I accidentally mowed the whole plant down.
I cried. I had destroyed something I adored.

So ah yes I was standing there looking up and before I turned to walk away I glanced down.
There literally at my feet, a single flower, its unusual green catching my eye and also flooding my face with tears.
It was like seeing Mimi again.

Mim would never make a loud entrance, she was far too proper, she would just be there politely in her own way.
This incredible flower mimicked her grace.
It didn't come crashing into me, it sat there very properly waiting for me to notice.
WOW!
it was the sign I had been searching for, it was the hope I had been seeking, it was the reassurance of faith that I so desperately needed.
I knelt down and just looked at it in pure amazement.
Had I kept looking elsewhere and not paying attention I would have crushed this wonderful sign that was literally laid at my feet.

It made me cry, it made me laugh, it made hope overflow in my heart.
There among the leaves was what I needed, it was so much more than a flower.
It was a reminder from Mimi.
It reminded me of how she lived her life.
She endured, she worked hard and she never gave up even when she got mowed down.

She may not be with any longer but her memory lives very much in me.Today and every day from here on out I have to remember to pay attention.

We often times wait for the big sha-bang, the trumpets sounding, the huge entrance of a sign we are seeking to empower us and we forget to sit quietly and listen closely.
We neglect to to see the signs that are placed gracefully in our line of vision if we only pay attention.
Hey Mimi, thanks.
You always have known just what to say to motivate me and also how to show me how to live. You aren't here with me in body but wow you sure are here, what a wonderful blessing.
Look close, listen, what you need may be right in front of you and you were so consumed with waiting for the big sign that you miss the incredible little gifts that are just waiting right there for you to notice them.
Here are my thoughts! Happy Day All!

Teresa ;)


~Flowers always make people better, happier and more helpful; they are sunshine, food and medicine to the soul.
-Luther Burbank


~Flowers have spoken to me more than I can tell in written words. They are the hieroglyphics of angels, loved by all men for the beauty of the character, though few can decipher even fragments of their meaning.
-Lydia Maria Child


~The flower that smells the sweetest is shy and lowly.
-William Wordsworth


~Grandmas hold our tiny hands for just a little while, but our hearts forever.
Author Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment