Hey! Come on in!

Welcome to my little corner of the web.
I hope that everyone who visits will leave my page with a smile, a tear, a giggle, some emotion that I may have touched on.
It is my hope to touch one person every day and bring them some much needed sunshine!

Monday, July 5, 2010

~Roots And All~


I saw my little boy today. No I haven't lost it, yes I see my sons every day but today I briefly saw my little boy.
Let me explain.

Seth, my oldest son who is now a teenager has seemed to transform before my eyes from that little chubby cheeked blonde to a taller than his mother (he loves that by the way) young man.

I am so proud of my kids and while Luke is still young,Seth is changing more everyday and I often look at him and wonder where the time went.
I lay awake some nights hoping and praying his dad and I have given him the tools to be a moral, upstanding man.

I would be lying if I said I don't wish at times that he was 4 years old again and one of his greatest joys was a garden hose and an unsuspecting Mommy.
Our kids have to grow up but sometimes we are blessed with a memory that is brought to our present like a refreshing, familiar breeze that only a precious time in our past can do.

I can still see him, his blonde hair, those cute cheeks, his dirty kneed overalls, a smile almost as big as him and a look of true satisfaction glistening in those baby blue eyes.

"I got something for you Mom." I was sitting in the swing out in our yard. I had no idea what he held so carefully behind his back.
I hoped it wasn't another lizard. As he performed his big reveal I laughed, cried and smiled at the sight before me.
There in his dirty little hands was a beautiful, carefully picked bouquet of weeds. Roots and all!!!!
Those were the prettiest weeds my eyes have ever seen.
I took them in my hand, and those weeds, roots and all into my heart.
He just beamed as he sat beside me.
"You like them Mommy?"
"Yes baby, I will never forget them."


I fell asleep yesterday and I awoke to the much deeper more manly voice of my son.

"Mom, you asleep?"

I looked up and saw the familiar smile of my son.
There was that gleam I had seen quite a few years ago.

For a moment I saw a little boy covered in fresh dirt waiting with excitement to surprise his Mom.
Those ol baby blues haven't changed. He may be taller and now sporting facial hair but as he once again waited for his big reveal, I saw my little boy today.

From behind his back came a beautiful bouquet of wildflowers he had picked when he and his buddy were headed home from a hike through the woods.
There was that smile and once again I smiled and cried. Hearing his voice trail off out the door. "Love you Mom".
No roots this time but even so they are firmly planted in my heart.

The little things. Its what life is all about.
I can't imagine my life without them. They surround me and thankfully I am lucky enough to note and appreciate these gifts I have been given.
Roots and All!!!!!
Give simply today, it will make a huge impact.

Here are my thoughts! Happy Day All!

TC :)


~ Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies.
-- Mother Teresa

~ Enjoy the little things in life, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.
-- Antonio Smith

~ I am beginning to learn that it is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment